To obtain a Public Client Key:
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
- Click Security Settings.
- Click General Security Settings.
- Click Manage Public Client Key.
- Enter your Secret Answer.
- Click Submit to continue. Your new Public Client Key is displayed.
While you are here, once you have copied and pasted these numbers into NXTInspekt; go back to the Account tab in authorize.net, click on “Test Mode” in the Security Settings section and set your account to “Live.”
The last step is to Enable Customer Information Manager (CIM) with Authorize.Net – This simply allows NXT to create a customer profile for your Client through an API call so their CC can be saved in Authorize.Net
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Select Customer Information Manager (CIM) from the home screen.
- Click on Sign up for Customer Information Manager (CIM) Now.
- Select the checkmark I have read and understand the Terms of Service.
- Click I Agree.
Once the steps above have been followed and the credentials entered into NXT Integration, you will be able to accept Credit Card payment at time of Agreement e-signing through NXT. The “Payment Method Table” template variable %PAYMENT_METHOD_TABLE% needs to added to your Agreement (typically towards the bottom). When the Client selects “Credit Card”, they are then prompted to enter their CC info. The CC will be validated immediately, and then once the Appointment Start Datetime has passed, the Card will be automatically processed (set to run approximately 24 hours after start date time) to coincide roughly with Report being sent. This amount of time after Appointment Start Date/Time can be set to whatever value you would like.
Also, you can manually force the Capture to happen early by clicking the “Capture Funds thru Authorize.Net” button on the Appointment Profile > Actions panel.